Thursday, July 30, 2009

The First One

If you are reading this blog, it is quite likely that you know me. And if you know me, chances are that you would also know that I am not too ingenious or brilliant or a revolutionary thinker who would come up with a whacky, witty, out of the box idea for a first ever blog post. So, quite obviously, this one is going to be about why I started this blog.

I guess the name of the blog says it all. I decided to start this blog at a totally random moment with a totally random thought in a totally random mood. I decided to start this blog jlt about 10 minutes back just because I had put up a status update on facebook some couple of hours back and felt like putting up another update with another thought that was on my mind. With the goldfish memory* that I have, I of course don't remember now what it was but trust me i had a thought i wanted to share on facebook. Just that, I hate putting up status updates by the hour and flooding people's home pages with random updates that makes no sense to them or which I think most people would find irritatingly useless and arbit. So, courtesy of a totally random thought that I could express what I want to express through a blog, in a totally random context that I described above, I have decided to start writing my own blog. Having said that, I would of course put up the link to this blog as my facebook status update right away and I can not help that!!!

At the halfway stage of this post, I want to thank you for your best wishes for this blog and also for just in case you have decided to come back to this blog regularly in the future. I decided to write in this note of thanks at the half way stage since I was reasonably sure that unless you really like me, you would have decided to surf away from this post by now and I wanted to thank you for spending 5 useless minutes on this post, before you go away.

I want to add a comment or two about the intention of this blog. Quite clearly, this blog would be totally random. Being a management consultant by profession (right now), my default approach to anything is to outline an approach upfront (which is what I am doing right now with this sentence) and then solve for issues along the way - like I had this huge urge of describing the intended structure of this post right upfront and then dedicate a paragraph each to it. But, for some reason I want to keep myself from doing that intentionally. I don't know why. As for the topics that I would expect to cover on this blog - I don't know. I know that I am not someone who is intellectually super charged and highly opinionated, so do not expect any of those posts. Though I do hope to put up a few interesting ideas on this space soon. I remember that in the past couple of weeks I did have a couple of ideas that I found quite interesting and unique myself and think that they are worthy of this space. However, given the glodfish memory that I have, I really don't remember any of them right now. But I do hope that I would put them up.

Ok, now I know that there are two words / phrases that I have killed on this one through their frequent use - random and glodfish memory. I know, but I couldn't help it - those two are totally ringing in my head right now and I am trying hard to not use them again through the rest of this one.

Finally, I want to acknoweldge the fact that I am feeling a strange sense of happiness and relief after writing this post. I want to articulate why but I am afraid that I would kill the feeling If I do, so I wouldn't. At this point, I want to thank my bro for suggesting, for some random reason that I don't know of as yet, that I start writing a blog. So, here I am!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. arbit as it could be, your post and your acknowledment towards the end, has given me the greatest pleasure, especially because you have admitted without admitting that you have indeed lost all good sense, that which is not news to me, nevertheless, to this intellectually supercharged post and to the ones that are to follow, when they have been read by generations to come, will bring you glory and tell men and women alike that all these years thence as when you started to write your blog, you never slept nor idled; to those posts my brother, and to the mankind that benefits from your randomness, and to you my lovely brother, you who truly are a gifted gift, to all then, my best wishes.

    yo baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gulati, this is a masterpiece... i am impressed man.. u r almost on dilbert's lines.. he even has a book called random acts of management... excellent, keep blogging.. u r inspiring me as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Gulati....good work...keep blogging..cheers

    ReplyDelete